Sunday, June 2, 2013

TUGAS MATA KULIAH BAHASA INGGRIS BISNIS 2

SIBAWAIH ATHAILLAH
13209897
4EA03

1. The subway station is _____ here.
near
near to
near from (direction)
nearing

2. When we woke up, everywhere was _____ snow.
covered
covered by (pasif)
covered with
covering

3. Do earthquakes _____ often in North America?
break
break out (
happen to
occur

4. We had better _____ before it begins to rain.
Leave
leaving
To leave (future)
to leaving

5. A large crowd _____ in front of the train station.
Gathering (present continous)
to gather
had gathered
had gathering

6. In winter, driving accidents occur quite _____ on the highways.
Frequently (count)
many
much
a few

7. Would you like to _____ to the United States?
trip
voyage
travel
went

8. Most people at some stage have a feeling _____.
responsible
responsibility
of responsibility (adverb)
to be responsible

9. This stadium can hold _____.
Much audience
a large audience
much audiences
Many audiences (count)

10. When the mountain forests _____, there can be large forest fires.
Become dry (adjective)
becoming dry
become drying
drying

11. “What kind of work are you doing for that company?”
“I’m _____ as an administrator.”
Worked (verb)
occupied
hired
employed

12. "I don't want to buy anything, do you?"
"Yes, I'd like to buy _____"
pencil
much pencils
any pencils
some pencils (count)

13. We can _____ sports on Saturday if you’d like.
Plays
has
does
Play (future)

14. _____ the hotel rooms are reserved throughout peak season.
Almost
Almost of
Almost all of
Most of all (count)

15. “Where did you work before?”
“I worked only minutes _____ railroad track.”
From
From thev (location)
near
away

16. “I don’t think it will rain at all today, do you?”
“No, I _____ so.”
Think not
not think
Don’t think (unagree)
do think not

17. We have only another five minutes. I think we _____.
Hurry
be hurry
to hurry
Should hurry (adjective)

18. Many fans showed up at the stadium. They were _____ the big game.
anxious seeing
anxious to see (adjective)
to anxiously see
to see anxiously

19. “Who did you meet at the community dinner dance?”
“I met many _____ people.”
Grandly
celebration
Fame (adjective)
prominent

20. “John isn’t sure that the meeting will be held tomorrow.”
“But I _____.”
Certain (adjective)
certainly
am certain
am certainly

21. My brother loves to watch baseball; I _____ basketball.
Prefer to watch (perbandingan)
to prefer watching
watch preferring
preferring to watch

22. Many people are waiting for the news bulletin. It will _____ soon.
Be circulate (future)
circulate around
come near
come around

23. I think our guests will _____.
Be here shortly (future)
shortly be here
here be shortly
here shortly be

24. Who _____ when John is likely to turn up.
Know
do know
is knowing
Knows (question)

25. The managers are _____ a new work schedule now.
Arranging
Arranging up (verb)
be arrange
to arranging

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I am slow to _____.
express my opinion
express my viewing
make my views
make my opinion (verb)

2. I have to have this report finished _____.
by Friday
until Friday (future)
Friday before
Friday beginning

3. We were fortunate enough to visit the Grand Canyon. It has _____.
Beautiful scenery that is much
Many beautiful landscapes (count)
many beautiful sceneries
much beautiful scenery

4. The car was parked directly _____ the diner.
Before
ahead of
In front of (position)
preceding

5. The ski resorts are usually crowded. There are many people _____ skiing.
Enjoy
that enjoying
who enjoy
who enjoying

6. It is already 3 o’clock. Can you _____ time to catch the bus?
Have enough
have it in
make in
Make it in

7. I went to have my glasses _____.
fit
fitted
fit on
fitted on

8. Mary's house is _____ the hair salon. Do you think you can find it?
along
near to
against
next to (location)

9. The burning stick was very hot. He let _____ just in time.
alone it
go alone it
go it
go of it

10. Do we have _____ money to last us the week?
a lot of
plentiful
plenty of
Enough (questions)

11. John decided _____ golf on weekends.
to begin
to commence
to take up
to start up (future)

12. It _____ to me whether we meet them or not.
makes no difference
makes not a difference
is indifferent
is not a difference

13. We were  _____ after all the hard work.
wear out
outworn
weary out
worn out

14. We saw _____ wild animals while on vacation.
quite a few
quite much
quite many (count)
quite some

15. They are late as usual. I don't think we should _____ them.
await for
wait for
await on
wait on

16. Are you _____ the competition?
enter
going entering
go to enter
going to enter

17. You had better _____ the tourist information office.
inquire at
inquiring at
inquire to
inquiring at

18. Ireland was part of the UK, _____?
didn't it
wasn't it
hasn't it
weren't it

19. They will be _____ at the party.
present
presents
presenting
at present

20. Will they go _____ this summer?
swim
to swim
swimming
to swimming

21. The New York police were very anxious _____ about the crime.
more learn
learn more
to more learn
to learn more

22. Many excited women could _____ at the department store sale.
seen
be seen
be seeing
be see

23. The sink in the locker room  tends to _____ .
flow
overflow
flow over
over flowing

24. How long did the baseball game _____?
last
endure
survive
continue

25. We must _____ the annual board meeting tomorrow.
attend
attend to
attend in
attending

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. "You are welcome to order the goods now."
"But payment should be made _____."
for advance
advancing
in advance (BUKAN SEDANG)
to advance

2. "Where do you live now?"
"I live in Utah; my _____."
parents too do
parents do
parents do, too (DO KATA BANTU)
parents also do

3. I cannot understand my neighbor's accent. I wish she would _____.
speak clearer
clearer speak
more clearly speak
speak more clearly

4. "Why are you driving so fast?"
"I'm _____."
must be hurry
   
in hurry
   
in a hurry
   
Hurrying (KATA SEDANG BERLANGSUNG)
   

5. I have your music CD. I think I _____ your concert video.
also have
have too
too have
have further

6. I hear you have started a new job. _____ like it?
How do you
How
What you
What do you (KATA PERTANYAAN )
7. I really have to go now. I have _____ the doctor.
appointments to
an appointment to
appointment with
an appointment with (MENGGUNAKAN AN)

8. I can meet you at Central Station. Will _____?
convenient for you
that convenient
that be convenient
you be convenient (KATA BANTU BE)

9. I don't have any results for you today. I _____ tomorrow.
have any
may have any
have some
may have some(MENGGUNAKAN SOME TIDAK BOLEH ANY LAGI)

10. I would rather _____ a quiet cup of coffee in the office than sit in a noisy cafe.
have
to have
prefer
prefer to have

11. "Where _____ last weekend?"
"I went to see my aunt and uncle."
are you go
do you go
have you went
did you go (LAMPAU)

12. I was very surprised _____ that she didn’t pass the exam.”
Hearing
to hearing
at hearing
to hear

13. “Why _____ she isn’t speaking to us?”
“We must have done something that upset her. She is just too sensitive.”
Are you think
are you imagine
do you think
you think

14. I hope that this winter won’t be _____ last.”
As cold as
so cold as
As cold like (AS COLD)
so cold like

15. Sorry to be late. I was delayed by _____.”
A heavy traffic
heavy traffic
some heavy traffic
traffic being heavy

16. The sky is getting dark. It _____ rain is on its way.
Looks
looks like
seems to
will be

17. Would you do me a small favour? I _____ very much.
Appreciate it
would appreciate
would be appreciative
would appreciate it

18. I am familiar with that product. I don’t know _____ times I’ve seen it advertised on TV.
How many
how often
How much (TAK BISA DIHITUNG)
many often

19. “When _____ leaving for Toronto, Canada?”
“We are planning to set out at 10 o’clock.”
Are we (KATA TANYA TERHADAP KAMI)
   
will we
   
will us
   
are us
   

20. I asked Robert when he could fix my leaking tap. He said that he would come round and fix it _____.
as much as possible
as possible as he could
as fast as he could possibly
as soon as possible

21. "Do you know _____ that building is?"
"I would say that it was built at least 100 years ago."
old
how age
how old
which age

22. The man told us that the next train would arrive _____.
at three thirty
at three thirty o'clock (RAMAI AT BUKAN IN)
in three thirty
in three thirty o’clock

23. “How _____ a crowd had gathered at the scene of the accident?”
“I don’t know exactly, but there were a lot of shocked onlookers.”
Large
often
Many (KATA BENDA YANG DAPAT DIHITUNG)
much

24. That is the city _____ worst crime record.
On the
In the (DALAM SEBUAH BERLANGSUNG)
with the
for the

25. "Where should I put this key?"
"You can _____ it on the shelf."
hang
deposit
sit
Put(KATA PUT DAPAT DIULANG KEMBALI)
   
26. Write a book is truly a process, and one that is impossible to complete without considerable assistence from many others.  (TIDAK MEMAKAI IS)
27. The first section of this book will probably be most help to you right now. (TIDAK SEHATUSANYA MENGGUNAKAN KATA BANTU BE)
28. My slow and steady approach to the challenge of sleep focus on using this challenge as an opportunity to help you and your baby. (TIDAK MENGGUNAKAN ING)
29. Other parents might wanted to incorporate other calming rituals, such as singing a lullaby, saying prayers, or telling a story.
30. If you wait to return until a child is crying or calling for you, you are sending them the very clear message that these calls and cries will lead to your return, and thereby motivating these behaviors. (SEDANG MENUNGGU PAKAI ING)
31. Just knowing that I would returned was enough to let him stay quietly in his bed (BUKAN ED)
32. When children awake at night, as they all will at some point, you face an additional challenge: Getting your child back to sleep when you are probably mostly asleep yourself.
33. It seems to me that my previous position have afforded me just the experience needed to enable me to do the work required in your office to your satisfaction.
34. This feeding should be done quick and quietly so that you don’t provide unnecessary stimulation and excitement. (TIDAK MENGGUNAKAN KATA BE)
35. I have been told by Mr. John L. Peterson, manager of the Credit, The Business Book Publishing Company, New York, with whom I believed you acquainted that you are expecting to making some additions to you accounting staff in January 2013.
36. I shall be in Rio de Janeiro in January, I hope that you will given me an interview at sometime convenient to you during that month. (MENGGUNAKAN V1)
37. Thank you very much for calling to my attention the possible vacancies in the Accounting Department at the Brazilian branch of the International Business Book Company on Rio de Janeiro.
38. In the school year of 2006-2007, I take two courses with you, "Accounting Problems" and "Cost Accounting" at Bronx Community College in the Evening Section. (BUKAN IN)
39. I am great interested in the position as you outlined it to me.
40. You may not relishing continually buying pacifiers or having multiple backup pacifiers with you at all time.
41. It seems to me that my previous positions have afforded me just the experience needed to enable me to do the work required in your office to your satisfaction.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
48.
50.

1 comment: